Friday 15 May 2015

Of things home made..

As usual things look better in real life. This is the bed cover I am making for our room. It is navy and white, the chosen colour scheme. I started out a few years ago knitting loads of small squares but became bored with it so into a box it went. Now I have rediscovered crochet I decided the time had come to finish it. I am the queen of unfinished projects! One day I will compile a list and work through getting it all done. I will crochet these big squares together then crochet a lacy edging around the whole thing. Our bed has a plain white valance which I plan to trim with strips of navy fabric and white lace. I have a vision in my head and very hope the reality is as good!My home made cleaning product is working well as is my laundry soap.
Today I have made the foundation powder. I brushed it on my arm to check the colour and adjusted it a bit. It seems to work but have yet to use it in place of my usual foundation. I have been using my moisturiser for a couple of weeks now and am very happy with it. It will be a permanent feature.
So life ticks over with good days and some bad ones but generally going in the right direction. I am in a much better place mentally now than this time year when I was desperate to go back to the UK. I have come to realise I have to force positive thoughts into my head to drive out the negative ones.
I now accept I will always be viewed as a foreigner so just have to get on with it. A few people have told me I would feel like a foreigner in the UK now too!

No comments:

Post a Comment