Monday 15 June 2015

All arranged

The funeral that is. I am very pleased the end is in sight. Wednesday week. A very small affair with my lovely son in law taking the service. We have written the script which he will put in his own words. He gave a lot of care alongside my eldest daughter to my father so it is fitting he does this. It is a non religious affair. We have booked our ferry for next Sunday, a hotel for four nights and our ferry home on Thursday morning. On the Monday we have an appointment with the bank to sort that bit out and will spend the rest of Monday and Tuesday clearing the flat. We want to hand back the keys on Wednesday after the funeral. The ashes will go back to the funeral place to be stored until we can next get over to spread them on Blackheath. We will not have for this before going home as there is a delay for collecting the urn. This way we will be here for this Saturday to do the changeover but will have to explain we will be away until Thursday. A friend will come over morning and evening to sort out the chickens, ducks and geese and cats so will check all is ok with our guests. We will also give them our mobile number and email address. We will be here for the next Saturday changeover too. I think I will book Frank and Bruno into the kennels. They know the people and the set up as they have stayed many times.
I am looking forward to getting my life back on track.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting for the funeral to be over is the worst time I think. It sounds like you have everything arranged beautifully and just how you wanted it. Our funeral director was lovely, very kind lady and more than willing to do whatever we asked.

    ReplyDelete